BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, January 7, 2011

the search for a metal cookie cutter

Howdy ya'll!
As my title gives it away, another Christmas project I made this past year was a Cookie Cutter Wreath.  Here is a picture of what my finished project turned out to be. 

Please excuse the poor quality of my pictures, my camera is currently out of commission and my camera phone is what I am surviving with.  I am still upset at Energizer.. their batteries leaked acid on my camera which basically killed it.

Anyways, back to my wreath.  Every Thanksgiving we go to Tennessee to visit my dad's family.  Yes, a city girl with a country heart <3 I was reading better home and gardens and saw a metal cookie cutter wreath which was being featured.  I searched Wal-Mart and the Dollar Store, lifelines down there in my Grandpa's town, but there were no METAL COOKIE CUTTERS.  So I settled with the plastic ones from the dollar store.. I think I ended up buying 6 of them so I spent $6 + $1 ribbon.  A whopping $7 for this pretty cool wreath, but maybe im biased since I made it :)

Unfortunately, the wreaths lifespan was cut short.  I hung it on my dorm room door and it fell down and smashed.  Oh well, easily fixable but unnecessary to fix until Christmas 2011.

I am in the process of making a Valentine's Day wreath with burlap.  What a mess!!  Until tomorrow...

Oh and if you are an avid lover of fashion, like myself, and have big dreams for my wedding, also like myself... SAY YES TO THE DRESS SEASON 6 PREMIERE.. 8:00 central time! Can't wait!

-Mia Nicole

0 comments: